Tomato Onion Raita is one of the popular side dish. It is also called as Curd Salad. Both South Indians and North Indians are using this raita but method of preparation will be different based on style, taste and ingredients. Tomato and Onion will be there in every house always so we can make it whenever we need it. It can be used as the side dish with Biriyani, Fried Rice and Ghee Rice. It also can be used as the side dish with normal steamed Rice for lunch and dinner. Its main speciality is that it can make very easily without any effort and also we need not to spend time for cooking it. Raita is my favourite side dish so I am making different types of Raita in my house. Pineapple Raita, Onion Cucumber Raita and Apple Raita are my favourite raita dishes. So many people would like to use Raita as the side dish with Chapati especially North Indians. I have a lot of friends who are not interested to cook food so I asked them why don't you like cooking. So they replied cooking is very difficult process which need time and many ingredients. But they know to make Egg Omlete and Raita because these dishes are very easy to prepared with less ingredients and efforts. I can't avoid this salad when I use any non-vegetarian dishes such as Chicken Curry and Beef Curry. Children cab also make it very easily within a few minutes. This spicy less side dish but it is protein rich dish because Yogurt contains proteins. Many Yogurt dishes are there and this salad is one among them. It is looking very attractive with White, Pink, Green and Red colour combination. This is very healthy dish with healthy ingredients. You can make this without Yogurt, Vinegar is useful to make this instead Yogurt. You can choose the ingredients which you prefer or like. Food taste will increase based on our happiness when make food. I have made this many times at my home and everyone in my family like this very much. It can provide cooling effect to our body especially in hot summer season. It is not only using as the side dish, it can have alone without spices. It is good to use with evening snacks such as Chicken Kabab and fried Chicken. Onion and Tomato have a lot of health benefits so it can use on daily life. To get freshness and exact taste use it immediately after preparation.
Preparation Time - 5 Minutes
Cooking Time - 5 Minutes
Tomato - 2
Onion - 2
Green Chilli - 3
Yogurt - 1 Cup
Curry Leaves - 2 Sprigs
Salt - To Taste
- Wash Tomato well and cut it as small cubes and keep it aside in a bowl.
- Remove the peel of Onion and wash well and slice it thin and lengthy.
- Wash both Green Chilli and Curry Leaves and chop well.
- Pour Yogurt in a bowl and add Salt to taste and beat it well with a spoon for 2 minutes.
- Add chopped Green Chilli into this and mix well.
- To this add Tomato cubes, sliced Onion and chopped Curry Leaves and mix well.
- Transfer it in a serving bowl and serve it fresh with fried Rice, Ghee Rice and Biriyani.
- To get freshness and good taste add chopped Mint Leaves into this instead Curry Leaves.
- You can add some Red Chilli Powder if you need and it can also help to get a little Red colour.
- To get nice smell and taste use a little roasted Cumin Seeds Powder.
- Coriander Leaves also can use instead Curry Leaves.