Cucumber and Raw Mango curry is delicious Kerala style dish. Keralites are mainly using this type of dish by making Grated Coconut paste. Cucumber and Raw Mango is very good combination that's why we are making this dish in my house. It is an excellent combination with hot steamed Rice. It is really simple recipe and it is made by natural ingredients. It is spicy less dish so it is useful for children. It has the mixed flavour of grated Coconut, Garlic and Cumin Seeds. Raw Mango is there in this season so it can make very easily.
Preparation Time - 10 Minutes
Cooking Time - 20 Minutes
Cucumber - 1 (small)
Raw Mango - 1
Garlic Cloves - 2
Green Chilli - 3
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Red Chilli Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
Grated Coconut - 1/2 Cup
Cumin Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Coconut Oil - 1 teaspoon
Mustard Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Chopped Shallots - 1 teaspoon
Curry Leaves - 2 Sprigs
Salt - To Taste
Water - Required for cooking
- Remove peel of Cucumber and cut it into two pieces and remove seeds from inside and wash well and cut it as small pieces.
- Peel the skins of Raw Mango and Garlic Cloves and wash well slice it.
- Wash Green Chilli well and chop it.
- In a grinder, add Grated Coconut, Cumin Seeds, sliced Garlic Cloves, chopped Green Chilli, Turmeric Powder, Red Chilli Powder, some Curry Leaves, Salt and pour a little Water and make thick and fine paste
- Heat a pan and heat Coconut Oil and splutter Mustard Seeds.
- Add chopped Shallots into this and saute well until fry.
- Add Curry Leaves and Coconut Paste and saute well until remove raw taste.
- Then add Cucumber pieces and Raw Mango pieces and add Salt to taste and saute well for 5 minutes.
- Pour enough Water to cook and cover it and cook well and make it thick as desired.
- Turn off the fire and serve it with plain Rice.
- You have to take equal portion of both Cucumber and Raw Mango.
- You have to choose Raw Mango with less sour taste to make this dish.
- You can avoid Garlic because it is an optional ingredient.
- You can adjust the quantity of Green Chilli as per your taste.